Monday, January 21, 2008

Happy Birthday to Mom and Me!

Today is my birthday and also my mom's! Yep, I was born on her birthday 45 years ago, she was 32, and she always told everyone that I was an accident; albeit a good accident I hope! This photo was taken a while back from the top of our ranch on Canoe Mountain and it is of my daughter, my mom and myself. What a view. That rounded mountain right behind our head we call Hansen Dome. When our ranch was first purchased 30 some odd years ago that hill was devoid of trees, so it was named in honor of a bald guy who loved the ranch. Walt Hansen was his name and he loved to hunt and ride horses and help build stuff and he was known for turning a good prank or two as well! I am glad that we have that hill to stand as a memorial to him.

1 comment:

  1. Awwww, Happy late-Birthday.
    I didn't even know it was your birthday...what a bad friend I am.
    If I was there we would be going to coffee. But I'm here...so you will have to go have some coffee by yourself, and call me so I can have coffee too and chat on the phone.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear what you have to say. Keep your comments coming! Thanks.