Saturday, April 12, 2008

Smells like Spring

We have had 2 glorious days of very warm weather. Yesterday it was in the 70's and today in the 80's. Wow! Flowers are bursting forth all around, the crickets and frogs are jubilant in their nightly chorus and the earth is letting forth a sweet, sweet smell. Really, I think it is this smell that arouses my interest most this spring. I was riding along on my horse and the aromas wafting on the warm air seemed to envelop me. I wish I could make you a scratch and sniff sticker. I can't really describe it. One strong smell at times is honey. We must have honey bees in some of the trees. Another smell is kinda tropical, perhaps from the flowers. Then there is at times incense cedar and fresh evergreen from the firs. But really, for me, the bass note of it all is the dirt itself. It seems to be awakening and all of the changes going on it remind me of a earthy type of fermentation. Rebirth... Life... Spring.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, I don't think I need a scratch and sniff, that was a pretty good description,

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should smell our ranch--dirt alright, but dusty dirt! Not the kind you want in your nose.

    Your sping sounds glorious! Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear what you have to say. Keep your comments coming! Thanks.