Friday, June 6, 2008

Morning Rose

This photo is of our front door rose that someone wonderful planted a long time ago. They smell as good as they look. This was taken first thing in the morning after a heavy dew.

Every sunrise is a present, a gift from God above,

Gift-wrapped with scarlet ribbons and tied with bows of love.

Each day's a new beginning, a time to start anew,

While all the stars are sleeping, and the rose is fresh with dew.

Every day's a new creation, too lovely to ignore,

And we may find a blessing, just outside our door.

We cannot keep the past, like fireflies in a jar.

Nor journey to the future by wishing on a star.

Every sunrise is a blessing, a gift for just today.

Rejoice, my friend, embrace it before it fades away!

~ Author Unknown ~

4 comments:

  1. I can almost smell it!! Please, enjoy that beauty for us! Love the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picture. I ran across this quote:

    "A single rose can be my garden - a single friend, my world."

    Thanks for sharing.

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful photo!! Those water droplest are fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the poem!
    Before George Strait had the "song "I saw God today"
    That is what I would tell my husband, when I saw a sunset, sunrise, or whatever else I was lucky enough to see.
    I always carry my camera,for those masterpieces he creates!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear what you have to say. Keep your comments coming! Thanks.