Saturday, February 7, 2009

Wandering

Today, after checking on the cattle (the geriatrics are calving and doing very well, thank you very much) and delivering them some big bales with the truck, I asked Mark to come away with me for a late afternoon walk. I always pretend I am in search of some long lost cow, but I am mostly into stretching my legs and seeing what new sights might be over the next rise. I often think of the saying, "all those who wander are not lost" as I meander up and down and around these green covered hills. Today was no exception.








If you would like to see a photo of what Mark was up to one night this week, check out this photo. And if you, like me, often contemplate death in the pursuit of truly living you might like this post. Have a great week!

5 comments:

  1. From the enormous lichen to the post and poem you sent me to--this was a lovely break from my day.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice composition on the pictures, especially the conch on the tree. You seem to have taken your photography in a new direction, gone are the days of wide open expanses. We went to the green side of Oregon today and walked in the stately forests. I thought it's been a while since we talked. We miss you both.
    The Pansy Picker

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures TJ. There's nothing better than just wandering - however at my age I prefer to do it on the back of a horse. My legs aren't what they used to be.

    Tell Mark to stay safe.

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful walk. I love the fungus on the trees!! It's so beautiful there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I'd wander all the time if I lived where you do. Thanks for letting us in on your beautiful world. It's fun to "experience" it from way out yonder here in NM

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear what you have to say. Keep your comments coming! Thanks.