Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Random

I have been wandering around enjoying the warm sunny days while they last. My eye is drawn to small tiny things like these wee ferns that were growing in the moss on a big rock perched under a golden maple tree.
Or the large of expanse of sky. This area had burned over and the trees that are left standing have few branches and they stand tall and slim and vary in type.
Of course, I love wandering amongst our now free roaming horses. That is Sequoya in the front. Behind him stands 16.3 hand Sweet William so you can really tell that our yearling is a big boy. Actually, he now is Johanna's yearling as a trade was made.
These are now bare buckeyes on a hillside and it looks more like a winter photo to me. I like starkness and a sense of the lonely in photos.

I bend back down to catch the tiny. A last dance of a some kind of moth. There were two doing the tango but one was shy, I guess, and it flew away.


Happy fall and day after elections. I hope you voted. It is the least we can do for this country. Of course, Mark and I often just cancel each other out, but still.....

6 comments:

  1. Nice, nice post. The ferns are past the 'fiddlehead' stage when they first start coming out. In New Zealand, the Maori call these new fern leaves, the 'fiddleheads,' "Koru" which literally means new, creation. As a Christian I love that image of new creation.

    Great photos.

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos! I especially like the one on the hillside.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes, I just have to pinch myself that I get to share this life with you... and what a time we get to have! Keep wanderin'. mark

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was sick of reading about politics- thankyou for posting this to remind of whats important-
    BEAUTIFUL horses b.t.w.!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm starting to get mad seeing all the gorgeous scenery. ;) I kid. Please keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear what you have to say. Keep your comments coming! Thanks.