Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Do You Believe in Heaven?

We're home and we do. Heaven on earth.(photo by Jo)

We also believe in an eternal heaven.

I recently read a book entitled, "90 minutes in Heaven," written by a man who says he visited there. Paramedics on scene said he had no pulse and left him in his crushed car. He says heaven is great. Blissful. Illuminating. Timeless. Perfect Peace.

Funny thing is that about 10 years ago I stopped breathing while having a procedure in an radiology lab. I woke up to mouth to mouth and some cute paramedics. I remember someone screaming that they didn't want to come back. That someone was me. The place I dreamed of, or visited, can best be described as light. Not light that shines on you, but light that embraces you, that surrounds you. Light that is.

Jesus said He was the Light and that makes more sense to me now. It is also how the "90 minute" guy described heaven. He got to stay longer than I and he heard amazing music and got to embrace people that were there. But I thought it was pretty cool that our experience with the light was so similar.

Mark's recent scare had us talking about death recently. While we were in the ER they were preparing us, I guess, for what might happen, but when they start talking about the possibility of needing life support they scared us. And then we smiled, (me still scared) held hands and talked about eternity.

9 comments:

  1. Isn't GOD amazing, that is a scary experience in this world but what an amazing experience to get a glimps into what we are in for down the road:) Death to me isn't scary but makes me sad to think about leaving those I love but I hold onto the fact that they will be up there with me also someday and really reminds me that I want everyone I love there so it helps me to want to share jesus with everyone I can:) I am glad mark is ok, you both still have things to do on earth:) GOD is using you in powerful ways!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Tears* SOOO glad you two are safe at home and staying for a while!!! Love you tons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are home safe and sound!I am comforted by the knowledge that I will see most of our loved ones in Heaven someday.My prayer is to see them all!

    Rick P.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, big time. I fully expect to ride some great horses in heaven across some of the most beautiful country.

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!

    Sounds like I missed a lot. Off to read more posts.

    Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes. I believe in Heaven, and there is a big slice of it right here. So glad you're home!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very intriguing post!
    I know for sure that I have been to some Heaven On Earth places.
    - The Equestrian Vagabond

    ReplyDelete
  9. http://adf.ly/2FvCb life after death

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear what you have to say. Keep your comments coming! Thanks.