Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A Week in Pictures and a few words....



 My dad has recovered. He is now officially discharged from hospice.  Never heard of that before. Hospice told him that they originally thought he had weeks left to live, now they might give him years. Miraculous.   My mom's mental condition continues to deteriorate unfortunately.  For 3 months she was on an Alzheimer drug and we didn't see any real improvement.  We did see high blood pressure and ugly aggression, so we pulled her off of them a week ago.  Thankfully she is sweet again.  Sweet and forgetful we can handle, the mean and ugly we would rather forget. We aren't sure how long we will continue to live with them as we are in the process of trying to assess their needs and hire help.  My dad would like to stay in his home through summer, so my mom can grow a garden one more time.  

Had a lovely week's vacation at home, even if I was sick!  Mark was able to work on some corrals, prune the orchard and grapes  and feed cattle.  I drove the kubota and rode a horse around the ranch making sure all the cattle were accounted for; a roll call of sorts.  I got Molly back from the trainer and was so impressed I sent Belle,  my paint mare, back home with her.  I have never used a professional trainer before, now I see how valuable they can be.  Thanks again April Moore.












 


13 comments:

  1. Somehow, I don't fully appreciate our life until I see it on the blog... bon vive! mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, Tammie. It's the end of a long day and you have me teary eyed. Blessings and curses are many in this life. Learning how to take them both in balance is the everlasting challenge. I love that your dad is doing so well and pray that God gives all of you grace for whatever path He chooses for your mom. My dad goes into UCLA for a needle biopsy tomorrow due to prostate problems. Prayer is our solace when it get's overwhelming. I take you with me when I go. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life is a challenge. God said it would be that way. Great pictures - especially the shadow picture of you, your horse and dog.

    Our plans are still working so, God willing and the creeks don't rise, we still hope to see you in early September.

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life is a challenge. God said it would be that way. Great pictures - especially the shadow picture of you, your horse and dog.

    Our plans are still working so, God willing and the creeks don't rise, we still hope to see you in early September.

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's good news about your parents. It is rare for someone to get out of hospice. Glad you're there for them, it's a wonderful thing you're doing. Glad you got back to the ranch too, your pictures are so wonderful, they make me miss that area so much. Love those hills with the horses. Will be thinking of you and praying for your parents continued better health.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Couldn't find your email to reply, but if you can get away, we would absolutely love to see you on St. Paddy's Day :) That would be so exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing news about your dad! I've never heard of anyone recovering like that. And we can fully appreciate your situation with your mom. Russell continues to decline slowly but surely - it is an ugly disease.

    Glad you had a week of R & R at the ranch. Beautiful pictures!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. out of town so haven't gotten to catch up on blogs. I am so happy to hear of your dads miraculous recovery. GOD is good, I will continue to pray for everyone there. Glad you got some time at the ranch. It looks like an amazing place!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Tj and Mark, Thanks for all the nice visits Tj and glad to hear all is good in Salmon Creek land.
    We are truly blessed, JS and I say it everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's great news on your dad, and I suppose you can say great news on your mom, too, in a way.
    love the dog and horse shadow picture!
    - The Equestrian Vagabond

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww, Kate!

    Love to you dears...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sending love.

    Smiling at the news of your parents.

    You guys are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Big hugs. I've missed you--haven't been reading blogs much at all, but I enjoy keeping up with you a bit on facebook. Glad your dad is doing better and that your mama is sweet again. Crazy the drug would do that.

    Your place is still GORGEOUS! I love Mark's comment. Too sweet.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear what you have to say. Keep your comments coming! Thanks.